Monday, January 11, 2010

52 Photowalks in 2010 - Week 1

I have joined Smith Family Ice Cream Scoop and pledged to take 52 pictures (or more) in 52 weeks and post them on my blog!  I will try to take my camera on a walk, or more likely to a sporting event, take some pics, and post at least one a week!  This is one of my new year's resolutions to enjoy my surroundings more and Focus on the important things.  My one-word resolution was Focus.  When I'm at work I'll Focus and get done with the things I need to get done so I can enjoy my time at home and not worry about things I should be doing.  When I'm at home I want to Focus on family and joy and making our life more organized.

Here is my Week 1 photos for the year!  I took it from my window at work.  I was able to take a walk around my workplace. I work in a beautiful old courthouse and it has some beautiful columns and other architecture that I love!  Enjoy! 

**FYI:  The spikey things were put up many years ago by a county judge who thought it would keep the pigeons off the ledges. The funny thing is all it does is help secure their nesting materials. Sometimes they are even perched on the spikes! LOL

This is the stained glass dome inside the courthouse.  It is beautiful even though it turned out a little dark and I didn't have time to play with the image.  I'll try to later and re-post it.

Just for fun and to complete the couthouse walk, I'll throw these in:
 
the georgeous marble steps and intricate railing.



This is taken from the courtroom I work in everyday looking out into the hall.  Doesn't it take you back in time?  I think so.  Love this one!  It's been such a fun thing to take a walk and see things through my lens!  Thanks Mindy!

1 comment:

  1. What a great building! The last photo is my favorite... I'm so excited to follow your photo journey through the year!

    ReplyDelete