Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Picking Through Treasures

My Gammy loved things.  She kept most everything she ever owned.  Now she is gone, and there is a plethora or things to go through.  Recently in combing through an old kitchen drawer she had stored, I found a  little box of quilt squares.  This one is my favorite. 

I thought about putting the quilt together, but the material is weak, so I have decided to do crafts with it instead.  There's an old window with a quilt behind it that I love on a blog that I saw recently, and I think I can make that work, since I have an old window sitting in my garage.  I'll start on it tonight and post some pics tomorrow to show you how it's going.


I also am in love with the drawers that she kept from my great-grandparents' kitchen when she remodeled.  I grabbed two of them and am planning on using them in my closet, but they are so cool looking I just want to display them with something in my great room for everyone to see.  Haven't decided which to do yet.  Look at the cool color!  I lurve that color aqua.  There's still so much to go through, can't wait to see what else I find!

No comments:

Post a Comment